February 27, 2011

The Principle of the Path


Sometimes I come across a book that I think will be just what I need, but then I stubbornly let it sit on the shelf for weeks and months (years?). Andy Stanley's The Principle of the Path was just such a book. I got it when I was in the the throes of change and crisis. I, along with all my co-workers, lost my job and I was midway through finishing a masters degree. I felt frustrated that my steps to get my life going in the right direction professionally were being challenged through forces beyond my control. I wasn't ready for a message about "getting on track".


This book reminded me that as I chose my path I was setting myself up for certain consequences--good or bad. It was therefore important to keep God's principles in mind. The problem is that so many choices are morally neutral (I don't like that phrase, but I can't come up with anything better). This book doesn't promise easy answers, but at least it reminds me to ask the hard questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment